Finding a home in Colorado Springs is easy with the right resources and team. Whether you're looking to rent, purchase, or sell a home there are plenty of great real estate agents in the Colorado Springs area who can help walk you through the process.
Make sure you're interviewing agents before working with them, even if it's a quick phone conversation. All agents operate differently, have different personality types, and various experience and knowledge. It will make your purchase or sale much easier if you're matched with the right agent.
So you're thinking about buying a home:
1) Sign up for a free Colorado Springs MLS search. Some sites require you to sign up with email, phone, and contact information but here's a site where you can search without signing up if you choose.
2) Talk to a lender and get pre-qualified. This will give you an idea of how much you can spend so you'll be able to narrow your search to the best properties. You'll also want to talk through loan options, like FHA, VA, or conventional loans.
3) Find an experienced real estate agent. As a buyer, there's typically no cost to you to employ an agent as this is paid for by the seller.
So you're thinking of selling your home:
1) Contact a real estate agent for a free CMA. Many agents are happy to run a market analysis of your home so you'll have an idea of a price range.
2) Updates and improvements. Talk with your agent and consider what things need to be done around your house to put it on the market. Your agent should be able to provide recommendations and referrals for contractors to help you complete the work.
3) Ask your agent for an estimate of closing costs and net proceeds. Your agent can provide an estimated net loss or gain for the sale of your house, calculating your selling price minus mortgage payoffs, closing costs, commissions, and other fees and charges.
Other Real Estate Resources